Friday, April 2, 2010

Health Shakes are for quitters. Here's a Smoothie which won't go directly to your thighs....

So I've tried just about everything to keep active. It never works. Always too busy to work out or go for a walk or run or what have you. Even Wiifit. I absolutely LOVE the Wiifit when I'm on it, but I tuck my board away on the tv unit shelf. Even though it takes about 3 seconds to pull out the board and place it on the floor in front of me, I try to justify why it's such a pain in the ass to take it out. But it really isn't. I'm just so busy during the day and all I want to do when I'm home is relax. I'm sure I'm not the only one. So I've put a plan together that might just work. I've come up with a healthy SMOOTHIE that tastes just awesome and is even GOOD FOR YOU. I'm not one to preach about losing weight and being healthy. But this is a great start for all you stressed-and-no-time-to-work-out-just-want-to-relax people. You can even make a larger mixture of the smoothie and keep it in your fridge for a couple of days. So here goes...


You will need:

1/2 cup nonfat milk
1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
1/2 frozen banana, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons powdered protein supplement
1 1/2 tablespoons flax seed
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 cup frozen strawberries




What you do with all of that is:

Throw it all in the blender and puree until smooth. THATS IT!


I keep mine in Mason Jars and just drink it from those. Of course, I like to save on dishwashing as well. So you can feel free to use a cup. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment